Got a few things to update so.. expect a jabber-ish kind of posts! (I'll keep it short!)
Last week, I fell pretty sick. Was down with fever and a lung infection. It was so bad I had to go on MC on Monday (on 3rd week of work). Super embarassing. So much for telling my boss that I'll stay healthy (lol).
Anyway, just wanna make it official. Yes, I am working full-time now. I know how I was talking about being unemployed in previous post and suddenly I got a job, right? It was very sudden for me too.
The timeline of transition from unemployed to employed was something like this:
11/7/16 (Monday) - Sent in my application
12/7/16 (Tuesday) - Received an email saying that application received
13/7/16 (Wednesday) - Received a call to go for an interview the next day
14/7/16 (Thursday) - Went for interview and hung out with Yeen. On the same day, received a call for 2nd interview the next day
15/7/16 (Friday) - Went for 2nd interview and was asked to write a summary of a 2-hour interview session before confirming employment
16/7/16 (Saturday) - Finished the work at 3am and sent it in. Received confirmation upon
19/7/16 (Tuesday) - Received a phone call to go sign my offer letter
21/7/16 (Thursday) - Signed my offer letter
27/7/16 (Monday) - First day of work.
So yeah. Now you know. It was an eventful week for me and happened so quickly!
Work has been okay so far and I got used to sleeping early pretty quickly because I am so tired by the end of the day anyway. Not experiencing Monday blues yet (not that I want to anyway xD). And yeah, work has just really been okay so far :) I am still learning and adapting to a new environment.
So that's that. This coming Saturday (20/8/16) will be my convocation and I'm half excited and half not about it. Excited because finally the day has come after 3 years (4 if you include foundation years) of hardwork, stress and tears. Partially not because it could be the last time until a very long time till I met these bunch of uni friends again. Mixed feelings but mostly excited.
Well, I try to tell myself these days (also partially advice/brainwash from big boss at work):
"Live in the present because you cannot the change the past. The past is history. Only the present can change the future. So, focus. And live in the present."
Trying not feel the 'partially not' part too much haha.
And yesterday (13/8/16), went to collect my graduation robe with Yeen and Wai Chee. I was travelling alone and eventually met a junior from uni, Hannah. While in the bus on the way to uni from Serdang KTM station, I chat with her all the way non-stop without fail. It was really nice chatting with her and we talked about all sorts of things. It feels really comfortable and natural being around her.
I miss talking to a friend like that. 1 on 1, face to face and being myself, talking things we both want.
Maybe because I am still new at work, I tend to be someone else when I'm with someone new. Also, it's safer not to reveal too much because you'll never know what will happen at work. Better be safe than sorry!
Anyway, after that, I met up with Wai Chee and coincidentally met Mei while filling in some survey before I was allowed to collect my graduation robe. Had short chat before she rushed off for her driving lesson. Then Yeen arrived and after we settled everything, we met one of our tutor, Jules. We chatted with her for almost an hour about life, work life, and what not.
It was really nice talking to her till we missed our reservation for the karaoke session that we booked earlier. Got to know from her the new batch of CC juniors are strong and had resemblance of us (Imma proud senior and proud of my own batch for being used as a benchmark for new students :'D). She even asked us if it was okay for us to have sharing session about CC jobs with juniors if she could make the arrangements. Hahahaha, I guess she missed us too xD She even gave us a hug before she left.
So we ended up postponing our reservation till 6pm. Since we postponed the reservation, we also had a yumcha session with Chu Bin and Jia Qi at one of our fav hangout place, Azhaar Maju, before we left Sungai Long. It was nice catching up with the both of them too because I guess.. it's almost been 3 months since we've met each other ever since our last day of exams in May.
Then we went for our karaoke session where 3 hours felt like 1. Good times do pass very quickly huh? Sang like a horrible duck but I guess.. that's the fun of it xD So, we went home separately after that and yeah.. return to life.
Tried on my graduation robe and looked in the mirror. Damn, we all look like wizards xD The robe is a little huge on me but apparently, it was the smallest size! My display photo looks like shit but it's gonna appear just a few seconds only anyway.
Nevertheless, It was a good day because of the catch up sessions and spending time together with people you are comfortable. I guess, that's one of the reasons I enjoy hanging out with them. I can be myself and have fun. :)
Be happy that it happened!
Convocation in T minus 6 days!
- Chi Yan -
No comments:
Post a Comment