If you think this is some patriotic blog post just because it's the Olympics season or because the country's Independence day is 2 weeks away, you are wrong.
This post is about Independence: One's ability to stand on their own without depending on others.
Human, in nature I believe, tends to see 'independence' as something admirable. When you see someone independent, you'll go 'Wow, you are so powerful. So strong.' blah etc. And some may even be jealous of another's ability to be independent.
But how many know the cost to be 'independent'?
I've had a fair experience of being 'independent'. Honestly, it has its frustrations (and all the negative sides of it) but it has it's good as well (something you don't always hear i guess?).
To some, being independent may seem like a challenge because it kinda means having to be alone too.
That may sound like the shitty part of it but to me, being independent is to.. well.. enjoy being alone. I mean, you won't literally rejoice when you are alone but if the idea of being alone doesn't bother you, then yeah.. you are independent. (Just 1 perspective of it)
Of course, human can't be all too independent because.. we are all who we are because of the people around us. I am not someone's friend if I don't have friends. I am not someone's daughter if I don't have a family. I am not a student without a teacher. I am not an employee without a superior. Well, you get my point.
So, you just gotta find the balance. Whether you are being alone or not, when you need to be independent, you be independent. Live with what you have and enjoy it.
Otherwise, you'll be seen as 'being reliant on others'. That.. well.. that could turn bad. But I'm not here to talk about that.
Less talk, more actions.
- Chi Yan-
No comments:
Post a Comment