02 July 2016

Out of my comfort zone

I was supposed to blog about my little shopping trip last few weeks on Monday (13/6) at KL but as the title says 'Out of my comfort zone', I was even uncomfortable to even blog about it haha. But I don't feel so today, so here goes.

Sounds like another normal day but it was definitely an abnormal day for me. Well, mainly because I spent more than I normally would and this time, even on things that I don't normally use. You won't believe that you are hearing this from me but yes, I went out to KL to spend on face-related products/cosmetics.

I just kinda need to begin to take good care of my face and also because of work, I need it for my own image sake. (No, not for the company but for myself as a corporate person/working professional k?)

So, don't gimme that look! If you're thinking that I'm doing this because I got a new boyfriend and he wishes that I put on make up or whatsoever, just want to let you know, you can put that thought aside for awhile haha because I'm doing this for myself.

You may or may not have guessed it but I got Li Yeen to 'kidnap' me to do this shopping yesterday.

Took the LRT to Bukit Bintang and was supposed to meet her at Uniqlo @ Fahrenheit 88. Took the wrong turn and ended up walking one big round before I met her. (not doing that again, almost melted after that x.x).

Anyway, so we walked to Pavilion and went to Innisfree first before dropping by The Face Shop. So, blablabla (skip the unnecessary details) and I spent on these:

Innisfree Green Tea Cleansing Water @ RM49
Smells really nice and pretty effective too


This is a make-up remover. After using it a few times, pretty effective I would say, really clean off the make up and smells pleasant too. On the down side, it's a little harsh on my skin though because it feels really dry after I use (but of course I wash my face and use some moisturizer immediately to remedy that) Either its harsh on my skin or it's just me not getting used to it.

And in terms of price, just wanna say, I've compared prices with other commercial make-up remover and considering the smell, this one was pretty much more worth it than the others.

Let the pic speak for itself. This costed me RM80 

I have one from another brand and it's makes my face a little blotchy when I use it. Tried this a few times and it's better for me. For longer hours, it survives half day I would say (Haven't tried longer hours than half day on it haha) 
Bija seed mask @ RM4
Bought this because we were only a few RM away from getting a free gift for purchases above RM210. Haven't tried it yet but Yeen says it's good for acne/pimple so... just wait until I feel like pampering myself xD

Eyebrow pencil (Urban Brown) @ RM15

Used it a few times, not difficult to learn to use (all thanks to my awesome possum super patient and super kind mentor sensei Yeen C:) but heck, its so difficult to perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rather easy to apply on the right side of my face but the left side... always imbalanced and.. and.. let's just not talk about that xD

 Free gift~
Ah yes, they were on some Go-green campaign so this is their eco-friendly handkerchief that they gave us for free in exchange, we don't take a plastic bag. Since we brought bags, so didn't need those plastic bags anyway.

Then, we went to The Face Shop like I said: 

Liquid Concealer @ RM35.93
Tried it a few times, works like magic. Can conceal so many flaws 8) It's easy to apply but you gotta be careful not to dab too much or else.. it'd be too obvious. I'm concerned about the hygiene factor though cause you dab the liquid onto your face and put it back into the little jar. I guess you just have to make sure your face is clean before you apply to avoid that.

 Moisturizer/Face Lotion @ RM46.53
Tried it for about.. a week? Doesn't work on my face. Makes it sticky and maybe I need a toner rather than a moisturizer. Stopped using it and yeah, my face is healing. Smells nice and all but very difficult to use because the bottle is glass (though not fragile) but its cream-like and really difficult for me to pour out. Though not eco-friendly, I'd rather its plastic bottle, easier for users to squeeze out than pour out.

Anti-acne Cleanser @ RM46.53
They had a bar soap I used which works well for me but they discontinued the production. Tried another product but it doesn't help. So, bought this one to try and after using it for few weeks, it's kinda working I guess. I won't say it reduced my face oil or what but if I wash my face regularly, it helps to control and ultimately is helping my face problem. (No, that was not a pun.)
So, since we spent above RM150, we also got this for free
Some cleansing water which I can use to clean my face before I wash it

Since we spent above RM150 at the Face Shop, they gave this to us for free. I'm not sure if it's more effective or what because the cotton turns grey after I used this to wipe my face but then again, tissue turns grey when I wipe my face even without this too. So, Idk. I can't tell the difference.

Some other free gifts
Some free samples to try. Haven't tried it yet. Not sure what to do with it either hahaha. Oh yeah, they also allowed me to apply for membership and apparently, I can get 5% discount the next time I make a purchase. Cool!

Overall loot! And no im not good in taking top view shots :X
So, this is my overall haul where a sum of my money went. First time shopping for these stuff. I feel the pain but after using it a few times and of course, for an occasion where I really needed it, I guess it's not so bad after all and I would say, it's a good investment :)

In case you're wondering, Vaseline to prevent dried lips!

In the end, the both of us settled our shopping list (almost, I still want a new pair of heels), got our dinner at McDonald's and went home.

But then again, on the same weekend Sunday (19/6), I went and bought the heel. Super comfy and easy to walk in. But you know la.. heels.. you'll get tired after awhile anyway no matter how comfortable it is haha.  

As much as people always say that heels and make up are social pressure given by the society. I am not in the generation to change that, I am a part of this society now. To survive with them, I gotta be like them. My lack of initiative to use make up, or using face-care product: this is a comfort zone that I've stayed in for a long time and I guess, it's time to get out of it, not because I want to but because I need to

I feel awkward and uncomfortable few weeks ago but after some practices and actually going out to meet people, mm.. I feel better about this investment. Better enough for me to actually post this up Heh ;)

And of course, to my Li Yeen, thank you very much for helping me take my first step out of this.
I really really appreciate it :) I know I never pick the wrong person to 'kidnap' me to do this!

- Chi Yan - 

No comments: