09 June 2016

《一起开始的旅程》 | The Journey we Began Together

Dear Crazy CC Gang @ 疯狂嘻嘻党,


This is for all of you. All 10 of you.

Ever since we came back from the graduation trip, I've been collecting photos and videos from all of you (and Facebook) to add it into a video that I made earlier. This video will be a compressed version of the 3 years we spent together into 1 video as a piece of memory. I also asked each of you to send me a video of about 1-2mins with a message that you want to say to everyone else. 

I'm not sure if 1 minute is too long or too short because some of you seemed shocked about it but didn't specify why you were surprised by the 'time limit'. I actually just wanted to control the time for the entire video and wanted to make filming the video sound easy because 1 minute is only 60 seconds.

While making this video, I was contemplating whether I should put annotations/subtitles/captions for some of the photos/video but I figured and decided that I shouldn't because some of the thoughts were merely, just mine. Though it might be funny, but I guess you guys will have to watch the video yourselves to have your own thoughts about it. Perhaps, things that flashed through my mind when a particular photo appear, may not be yours. That's why I've decided not to. Though some of it, I itchy hand, still put anyway  ^^ll

You might skip the credits but the 8 songs that I chose are:
1. Good Times - Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen 
This is actually a summer anthem that talks about the good and happy times. Just like ours. The 3 years spent together had always been good times and will always be good memories.

2. Verge - Owl City ft. Aloe Blacc 
There are moments in life where you’re on the edge and tomorrow, everything is going to change. Like leaving PJ campus, moving to Sg Long, and graduation. None of us knows what will happen tomorrow unless it is... already tomorrow.

3. Happy - Pharrell Williams 
When we are together, we are always happy. With the power of love and happiness, nothing can bring you down. I hope that happiness will be with all of you always and always.

4. Best Day of My Life - American Authors 
There will always be a way to make any day the best day of your life. I guess we've proved that right. No matter how bad were things in PJ campus were, no matter how difficult it was to move to Sg Long, we made it and still made the best memories out of it.

5. Without you - David Guetta ft. Usher (Boyce Avenue Cover) 
This song talks about how life would be without someone who means the world to you. Basically, without them, life may suck but....

6. Fighter - Gym Class Heroes ft. Ryan Tedder
Even if life sucks, you don't give up. Even if people tells you that you can't do it, that doesn't matter because you are a fighter, you know that it's not true.

7. Hall of Fame - The Script ft. Will.i.am
Chase your dreams. Never give up on them even if people thinks you are crazy.

8. It's Time - Imagine Dragons
But no matter how far you go or how long you've gone to chase those dreams of yours, never change who you truly are. Stay you and be you.

I didn't pick these songs just because they sounded good, I picked it to (try to) tell our story. These are our memories. #榨柠檬汁记 #上山下海 #crazyccgang

Anyway, I've replayed this video hundreds of times to make sure everything is good. So, yes, I am numb but I am proud that with all of your help and cooperation, I managed to make the video for all of you. Credits to Yeen for helping me to translate the chinese without getting to know what the heck I'm doing with the video.

I really hope you guys like it and we remain friends forever even when our priorities change. And if we don't remain friends, then let this be the last good memory of us together.  (Forget it, that's not happening, duh)

For now, I just hope that you who are reading this, no matter where you are going or planning to do, I just want you to be happy with what you doing or is going to do. Obviously, 1-2mins is never enough for me to say everything. Perhaps, the next time we meet again, I'll tell you more? :)

Till then,
Chi Yan

No comments: