I guess I've mentioned in previous posts that I went on a graduation trip with my beloved crazy CC gang. As the post title says, it was a 3 Days 2 Nights trip at Sungai Lembing + Cherating from 16 May 2016 to 18 May 2016.
Day #1 (16/5)
i. Depart from KL
We (Wai Chee, Pei Chi, Chu Bin, Mei, Su Chen, Wan Loo, Ee Lin and myself) started off our journey at about 11am after having breakfast at a kopitiam in Sri Petaling. We took off from Sri Petaling to pick Jean-san up before we picked Yeen at her home at Gombak.
This is the car arrangement:
Rara = Wai Chee, Jean, Pei Chi, Wan Loo and myself
Jaja = Chu Bin, Ee Lin, Su Chen, Mei and Yeen
Note: both are the names we gave for the cars hahaha xD
![]() | ||
| Rara from left: Wai Chee (not in pic), Pei Chi, Wan Loo, Jean and I PLEASE FORGIVE THE SHAKY HANDS |
![]() |
| Jaja from left: Ee Lin, Li Yeen, Mei, Su Chen and Chu Bin (not in pic) Photo credits to Ee Lin |
ii. Kuantan
Eventually we arrived at Kuantan at about 2pm-ish(?) and we visited Pei Chi's aunt's house. Pei Chi's aunt brought us around for some Cendol and also Keropok Lekor. We were supposed to wait until dinner before we leave for Sungai Lembing because there is nothing to eat at Sg Lembing (it's a quiet little town on weekdays). We had some time on our hands and decided to visit the Teluk Cempedak beach. Pei Chi's aunt was so nice because she literally paid for everything from food, snacks to parking. Thank you auntie! :') There were a lot of monkeys (and I mean A LOT) at the beach. We hung around the beach for awhile and took some photos.
![]() |
| Cendol pulut haha |
Behold, the highlight of Day 1!
![]() |
| Evidence that we really tried looking for the other slipper xD |
Haha! Yes! We lost the slippers in the sand! *chuckles*
We're so naughty la hahaha.
Fortunately, Pei Chi brought an extra pair of slippers and saved not only Ee Lin's ass but also indirectly Wai Chee's and Chu Bin's asses. After we gave up looking for the slippers, we decided to leave for dinner but everyone was still really full after the Cendol, so, we only took-away some food which Pei Chi's aunt also paid for T_T
We stopped by a convenience store to buy what I would call 'supplies' for our 'battle' the next day. Haha, just kidding. We just bought breakfast and some snacks before our hiking the next day.
The road to Sg Lembing was dark, narrow, and the turning were all too dangerous. We kept each other company (even by sending voice notes to the other people in the other car). We drove slowly and safely until we reached Sg Lembing. It was quite a thrilling ride honestly haha.
iii. Pollock View Resort, Sg Lembing
We booked this place via Booking.com, called Pollock View Resort, it was a little small but it was clean and considering its only RM370 for 3 rooms, I really couldn't ask for more. I honestly don't mind if it's small, as long as it's clean, I can live Abnegation style already.
We checked in and had our dinner at one of the general-use halls (I think it was meant for activity). It was the weekdays and seemed as though we were the only ones renting that place that night. After dinner, we all showered and gathered at the boys' room to chit chat until midnight. I took off first because I was tired and idk what time did they chat until but yeah I went to bed first.
Day #2 (17/5)
i. Hiking Paranoma Hill, Sg Lembing
Woke up to Li Yeen's very cold but gentle hands on my face. Got up, washed up and had light breakfast. The entrance at the foot of the Panorama Hill was only walking distance (about 5mins) from the place we stayed and Li Yeen was our guide because she's been there before and knows the way.
Considering it was just 5am+ in the morning, it was extremely dark with no street lights and it was misty (but not cold). So, don't say I didn't give you tips. BRING A TORCHLIGHT. For superstitious reasons, do not simply shine your light anywhere, you don't wanna see 'extra' things. For logical reasons, you need to shine and focus your light on the road to see the road better. Trust me, it's THAT dark. Don't wanna trip and fall before you climb right? Ok, good.
![]() |
| Yup, it's that dark. Photo credits to Pei Chi |
We started hiking at about 5.20am and eventually reached the peak about 1 hour later where the sun was just beginning to rise. Since it was the weekdays, it was very peaceful on top of the hill and our group was the biggest, there were about 3 or 4 other groups (much smaller in size) with us. So, there were ample of space and really nice and peaceful to hang around.
It was a little cloudy that day so the sunrise wasn't that magnificent. It's quite a shame because it was my first time hiking early in the morning just to catch the sunrise! Nevertheless, the 云海 (direct translate: sea of clouds) was a pretty sight on the other side of the hill.
![]() |
| Sunrise! Do you see the clouds? Photo credits to Jean-san |
![]() |
| Panorama shot of the 云海, Pretty isn't it? |
![]() |
| One of the photos taken while hiking down Photo credits to Wai Chee |
![]() |
| One of the photos taken at the top of the hill Photo credits to Yeen/Wai Chee |
The shitty part about this whole hike in the morning was, halfway climbing, I had a bad stomachache. Like, I need to shit kind of stomachache. It was soooo painful I had to just sit down, wait for the pain to go before I could continue walking (Don't want any unnecessary disaster to happen k.). Of course, I couldn't hike down the hill when I was already halfway (it would be too late for me to catch the sunrise) and I wouldn't want anyone to miss the sunrise with me too. You know what I mean la. Yep, from 5.30am+ all the way until we got down at about 8.30am+ . Don't ask me how I did it k. Honestly, it didn't help with my already-not-so-good-to-begin-with stamina one bit.
Note to self: Need more solid food for breakfast haha.
So, after we reached the foot of the hill again, we had breakfast at a nearby market. Had tomato mee which was really healing for my stomach hahaha!
![]() |
| Tomato mee! |
ii. Sungai Lembing mines
When we arrived, we were told that the person in charge was on lunch-break and the place wouldn't be opened until the people are back. We were a little disappointed because it was 1.10pm and we didn't want to waste time waiting until it was 2pm. They didn't allow us to walk in ourselves because they were afraid if anything happened to us, they don't want to be responsible for it. So, we just walked around, took some photos and somehow the guy in charge suddenly came to us and asked if we wanted to visit the mines (at 1.30pm!) and of course we said yes!
The little visit started with a short mine-train carriages (idk what they call it) ride into the tunnels (about a minute). I guess the train was meant for us because there were only 10 seats per ride and exactly, 10 of us *perasan*. The tunnels were a little bit dim due to poor lighting and wet because of dripping water from the ceiling (no idea where the water came from) but surprisingly, the tunnels were well-ventilated and it was really cooling inside the tunnels.
![]() |
| Perfectly 10 haha Photo credits to Jean (that's why she's not in pic) |
![]() |
| Selfie in the mines Photo credits to Pei Chi |
The entrance fee for the mines costs RM15.10 per person. If you're interested in historical places, or just really interested in seeing things that you don't normally see, this little visit would be worth your money. Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend it. :)
iii. Hanging Bridge, Sg Lembing
After visiting the mines, we wanted to have lunch and were told that there would be food across the hanging bridge of Sungai Lembing. We got across and there were a few shops selling various homemade biscuits, Sg Lembing noodles (which we couldnt buy because we weren't heading home yet), some tau foofa, etc.. The lady bosses told us that they normally serve food on weekends but on weekdays they are only selling biscuit and what not.
Off topic: I only found out that our Jean-san is actually afraid of heights from the bridge! (Hoho)
![]() |
| Le hanging bridge Photo credits to Jean |
![]() |
| Mandatory tourist shot hahaha Photo credits to Jean |
iv. Depart from Sg Lembing to Cherating
I guess it was a 1 hour+ drive to Cherating but I was having migraine so I just slept off the ride. Checked in at Tanjung Inn. The first room given to us had a dead lizard stuck between the doors and cockroaches in the bathroom and even the second one had a few cockroaches too. Fortunately, the guy switched room for us because he refused to clean the dead lizard. The room was hot, humid and just didn't felt right and everyone was complaining. But I guess they were just shocked with the cockroaches just as I was. After the guy cleaned it up, we had no more issue with cockroaches. (Thank God)
The chalet had that rustic vintage feel (It's supposed to feel cozy if it's maintained better). It would feel really close to nature. So, don't be surprised if there are creepy crawlies like ants, frogs, mosquito, flying bugs, lizards and what not. There was a private beach nearby, I didn't get to see it but was told that it wasn't very spectacular anyway. We spent RM710.20 for 2 family rooms and 1 double room for the boys. It seems that Cherating is just generally poorly-maintained (sorry for generalizing).
Nevertheless, everyone bore with it and stayed the night.
Upon checking in, we wanted to have dinner and there was no food around even after we Googled to some places. Eventually, we settled for a "cafe", which was actually just a typical Malay restaurant. Maybe we were a little hungry because suddenly, everything tastes good LOL!
v. Firefly Trip @ Hafiz Cherating Activities
Note: No photos here at all because we weren't allowed to
Here's the second great thing that happened throughout the trip. I was supposed to book the Firefly trip on Monday (16/5) but being so occupied, I kind of forgot about it and didn't want to call anymore and just wanted to try my luck. Thank goodness, after dinner, we went to Hafiz Cherating Activities to inquire about the firefly trip. Turns out that the main purpose of them asking us to book seats is because they will only look for boat men to operate the boats when there are people joining the trip. Fortunately, there were enough seats for the 10 of us and it was also the last 10 seats for us! The next couple who came asking for it was rejected by the hosts haha.
We managed to join the trip and even the turtle trip too (which doesn't need booking anyway, I'll talk about that later). Just like any normal firefly trip, we had to get on a boat and they would bring us to the places where the fireflies are. Initially, there were just a few fireflies around and I guess everyone was bored and disappointed. It was only after 30mins into the boat ride when we saw the large group of fireflies together where the guide used his torchlight to "communicate" with the fireflies.
The fireflies literally flew to us as though we were a bunch of Oppa(s) and they were a bunch of crazy Kpop fans. I guess the trip was made worth it when the firefly land on your hands. It stopped on mine at least :3 (and Ee Lin's too - for quite some time). The trip was RM30/person. A little pricey considering that we only saw what I would label as 'just a few groups of fireflies' but if you're a nature lover and you're keen on coming so up close with these fireflies, go ahead!
Some tips: No photos, no torchlight, no phone, no insect repellent because fireflies are sensitive to light and insect repellent, well, if you repel the bugs, you repel them too! I didn't even think about it until the host lady told me about it.
Actually, the major turn-off point about the firefly trip was that... during that night, it was the full-moon and the river banks was already so bright. I guess the view would have been more spectacular if the moon wasn't so bright that night haha.
vi. Turtle Watching @ Monica Bay, Terengganu
Moving on, after the firefly trip, I saw some of them fell asleep during the boat ride and thought maybe they are tired and not soon keen on the next possible activity which was turtle watching. Turns out, they were still ons about it and we went ahead anyway.
We were almost late as we have not even arrived Monica Bay yet when the guide told us that the turtle was already up on the shores. It was almost 15 minutes ride from Hafiz's place to Monica Bay. We got there by following a map provided by the hosts.
We eventually arrived at the beach and after some trekking in the beach in the dark (limited light only because turtles are sensitive to light), but the bright moon also became our light source during that activity. When we arrived, we only saw the turtle covering the hole that it laid the turtle eggs in. Fortunately, there was another mama turtle on the shore preparing to lay eggs.
![]() |
| Mama turtle! Photo credits to Jean-san |
The weather was perfect that night. It wasn't very hot because of the wind from the seas. The turtle was up and active that night. We got to see quite a few roaming around the sandy beaches.
When the 2nd mama turtle was laying eggs, the guide told us to go in groups of 10 so that everyone has the chance to see the mama turtle laying eggs. Of course, naturally, the 10 of us grouped together and we chose to go the last to have a look. I guess, some things are just meant to be.. you don't have to fight for it. Most would want to fight to be the first group to take a look at the whole scene but being the last group to see, with no other groups after us waiting for their turns, eventually the ones who got to witness the longest, was still us :)
One of the most upsetting thing (for some of us) about turtle watching is that there were a lot of idiots (sorry for being harsh) touching the turtles again and again like the mama turtle was some sort of toy. Though it's not illegal but it would also be stressful for mama turtle. I don't care what luck it brings to touch the turtles but as long as it's not good for the mama, I'm not doing it. I know, temptation is strong but I guess if one is a true nature lover, they know what to do.
Anyway, the turtle watching activity costs us RM35/person. I would say it's worth it because you don't get to see this everyday. I was also promised that if I don't see any turtle, the money would be refunded. Though not in the proper sequence.. we first witnessed mama turtle covering the eggs she laid, then we witnessed turtles getting up on the shores, the turtle digging the hole to lay the egg, mama turtle actually laying the eggs, covering the hole, and mama turtle leaving the shores and finally swimming back into the ocean.
Point is, we saw the whole cycle. I guess it's just meant to be and we were lucky because the guide, Pak Su, said visitors on the previous night didn't get to see any :) Lucky us!
vii. Drinking seshhhh
After watching the turtles, we tapau-ed some burgers for supper, showered and gathered at the boys room. We were supposed to watch the video I made for them on the TV but there was no USB port and had to resort to using Yeen's iPad which she kindly lugged along when I asked her for that favour. Thank you my Yeen!
Well, I'm making another one now because the previous one uploaded on YouTube had some copyright claim and hopefully when I credit them this time, they will let me keep it. After watching the video, some of them were really tired and went back to sleep, leaving Wai Chee, Chu Bin, Yeen, Mei, Ee Lin, Pei Chi and myself in the room to drink the alcohol we brought from KL (in an ice box) and chit chat. We talked about a few things and I guess the topic is meant to stay in the room haha. You know, you keep it :)
Oh, remembered that I mentioned we were really close to nature at the place we stayed? We actually had a frog issue when in the room. The frog was initially resting on top of the door and after awhile, while we were busy chit chatting, I took a peek and it wasn't there anymore. It was on the floor. We tried to get rid of it by sending it outside with a broom (Chu Bin was da man with the broom though he was also scared/disgusted hahahahah) but it eventually hid behind the wardrobe cupboard and we thought to ignore it and wait it out.
We continued chit-chatting and suddenly, there was a loud thud on the floor. In that second, nobody remembered about the frog but when we looked, Li Yeen screamed and jumped. Coincidentally, Wai Chee was lying down on a pillow right in front of my knee and when Yeen jumped, she somewhat pushed my knee and I literally kneed Wai Chee's head. HAHAHAHA. In that second, it was so funny and exciting at the same time!!
Chu Bin then quickly took the broom and sent the little creature out of the room. We continued chit chatting for a bit more and finally went back to our rooms and slept. Goodness. I've never felt so tired in a long time and having nothing to worry about. Got back into the room, fell on the bed and i knocked out! Hahahaha. Poor Li Yeen, I guess she had to move me to get the blanket because I KO-ed on it XD
Day #3 (18/5)
Yeen woke me up the next day and we got ready to leave. Some of them woke up earlier and had breakfast. Since we couldn't find any Chinese meal around Cherating, we decided to leave to Kuantan for lunch. We were supposed to have lunch at some seafood restaurant/chinese restaurant but ended up in some chinese kopitiam (you know la, sometimes Waze messes up too). Had lunch and departed from Kuantan all the way back to Gombak to drop Yeen off at her home.
Upon arrival at Yeen's home, we made some final calculations, split the remaining pool funds. We hugged each other and said our goodbyes. It was the end of the trip and a real goodbye. Emotionally unstable, I almost cried or rather, I already teared up and I tried very hard to keep the tears in. This time I switched to Chu Bin's car and got to try out his driving skills. Steady driver honestly.
The car arrangement on the way home:
Rara = Wai Chee, Wan Loo, Jean, Su Chen
Jaja = Chu Bin, Ee Lin, Pei Chi, Mei and myself
One by one, everyone got off, Pei Chi got off first and I gave her a hug. When I got off, Mei gave me a hug. And with that, everyone knows where I live :D (except Su Chen I think). Thus, that's the end of our 3 days trip which got me into a trip hangover a few days ago.
This trip has been a smooth one and I guess I could say, most of the things went our way and we were just so lucky in so many ways! All thanks to Pei Chi and Yeen for helping me out with searching for hotels and planning the amazing itinerary :)
Honestly, I was sad when we said Goodbyes but I guess, with fate, we will meet again. :')
To my beloved crazy CC gang, if you are reading this, we shall meet again alright?
I miss you guys already.
![]() |
| Failed jump shot at Teluk Cempedak Photo credits to Pei Chi & Pei Chi aunt :) |
Chi Yan aka Da Mei Mei
















No comments:
Post a Comment