It's almost the third week I am working at the new working place and I think I am getting used to the job. I am also getting used to the friends and I'm glad that Yuan (one of my guy colleague) has been with me throughout all the shifts. He's a funny guy and because of his lame jokes, time flies faster, busy shifts are less tensed and most importantly, a little laughter at work doesn't hurt at all. Coincidentally (or rather I think it's because we're both rather new staff), of all the shifts I've done, apart from my first day, all my shifts are partnered with him and I am so glad he's a hardworker too. We get things done fast.
Of course, getting on the good side of the supervisor is paying off too.
Still, I think it is taking too much of my time because they are still quite demanding eventhough I've pre-empted them that I will be starting my semester really soon. Working 4 days a week during the semester? No way man, I used to work 2 days per week during my mBL days.
Fortunately, I got myself another part time job offer and will be going for an interview this coming Thursday. Will talk more about it in the next post after this Thursday :) If that works, I'll say goodbye to this job.
Complain(s):
My hands are getting rough from washing the cups and constantly getting my hands wet :(
And I have a lot of small cuts and wounds from work too, having to squeeze lemon juice with those wounds are very very painful.
As of now, 3 small cuts on the knuckles of my right hands and 2 small wounds on the knuckles of my left hand.
I am supposed to be on my semester break but I feel like I'm spending more time at work than at home. Worst part is, when I'm home, my parents are at work and my brother is at uni and while they're home, I am at work. When I finally get home from work, they're either all asleep or like my bro, too busy with his games to bother about me. When they wake up, I am still asleep.
You see, I am the type of person who likes to come home to someone whom I can share my day with. This doesn't necessarily means that I come home to complain all the time, I often have funny incidents that happened during work that I'd like to share to. I always share with my mom but I am often scheduled for
night shifts where I come home around midnight when she's already asleep.
Wondering where my weekends has gone? To the night shifts at work of course.
This makes me really sad because I've grown to become a rather family-oriented person, eventhough I am living in the same house as my family, I feel like I am miles away from them.
Just gotta tell myself to hang on, I have my escape route planned anyway.
Till then,
Chi Yan
No comments:
Post a Comment