23 October 2015

100 F&B Facts About Me

Inspired by my breakfast this morning..

100 F&B-related facts about me, here's your chance to know me better!
Just something for me to have fun writing actually xD
(and maybe compare my own eating habits years later when I look back)

Here's we go! 100 Facts behind the cut!

Have fun reading em!


All the facts are arranged in a random order with whatever that comes into my mind first:

1. I dislike red beans but red bean ice cream is fine
2. I dislike green beans, kidney beans, red beans, black beans and baked beans
3. I (think I) am allergic to soya bean/soya drink but tofu is fine
4. Dark chocolate > Milk Chocolate > White Chocolate
5. I dislike oysters (raw ones especially) but fried oyster omelette and dried oysters are fine!
6. I don't like raisins in my pastry/bread but raisin on it's own is fine
7. Chocolate ice cream/cake/biscuit FTW
8. I can't sleep after drinking caffeinated drinks (that includes coffee, any kind of tea, Coke, Pepsi, etc.)
9. I'm ok with green tea on it's own but not a huge fan of green tea-flavoured stuff (ice cream is fine though)
10. Somersby > Heineken > Hoeegarden > Carlsberg > Tiger > Guiness (never tried any other)
11. As much as I like chocolate, Mango-flavoured mochi from Mochi Sweets is my favourite flavour!
12. Ebiko/Tobiko is my all-time favorite sushi
13. If I have a choice, Genmaicha > regular ocha
14. Original flavoured frozen yoghurt is not my thing
15. Pizza Hut > Domino's
16. Tutti Frutti > Moo Cow
17. Texas Chicken > KFC (obviously) 
18. I don't like strawberry flavoured stuff (it tastes pink to me, and yes, 'pink' is a flavour to me) but there are occasionally exceptions like Tutti Frutti or strawberry yoghurt
19. I don't like milky drinks in the morning (eg: teh tarik) because I'm usually too full for milky drinks after breakfast but if I'm not eating anything, milky drinks in the morning are fine
20. I figured that my favorite breakfast is bread (any kind of bread is fine)
21. My favorite McD meal is a Double Cheeseburger
22. One of my favorite instant noodle is Indomee
23. I can take spicy food but my nose can't (it drips)
24. If I have a choice, Parmesan is my favorite cheese!
25. I only like eating durian if it's sweet
26. My favorite pizza flavour is Hawaiian chicken
27. My (current) favorite burger from myBurgerLab is Beef Say Cheese without onions and tomatoes
28. Ketchup > Chilli Sauce for fries
29. I love mash potatoes30. My favorite Inside Scoop ice cream is Varlhona Chocolate (and probably Durian)
31. I'm fine with carrot in my dishes but I dislike carrot juice and carrot cakes (YUCK)
32. I don't like oat meals, its 'yuck' to me
33. I prefer savory snacks over sweet snacks (eg: potato chips > popcorn)
32. (which reminds me) I prefer potato chips more than popcorn in cinemas
33. Carbonara sauce > Bolognese sauce
34. I don't use chopsticks the proper way (I cross my chopsticks)
35. I dislike my fruits/vege skin-on (eg: cucumber, apple, potato, pear)
36. I am generally a fan of fish and chips
37. I like BBQ/Grilled chicken wings (siu kai yek yeh!)
38. Hokkien mee > Cantonese mee
39. I'm sorry but pork > chicken > fish > beef > lamb in general (some other meat my slot in between)
40. I can take animal organs (eg: pork liver, pork intestine, chicken liver) in fact, in some cases, i love them
41. You can safely pass me fish eye balls, I eat them (I'm serious)
42. I like fishballs c:
43. 'Siu mai' is my favorite dim sum
44. My favorite dim sum place is all the way in Ipoh T_T (Ming Kee Dim Sum)
45. I dislike korean food but Korean bbq is fine  (no kimchi pls)
46. I eat frog meat (and I quite like it too)
47. I love eating eggs (eg: omelette, scrambled egg, fried egg, half-boiled egg, hard-boiled egg, etc.)
48. My favorite omelette is tomato omelette
49. Not a huge fan of satays but satay ikan is a different story ;)
50. Chicken wings > any other part of the chicken but you know, it's not good to eat so much of wings
51. I like vege in general but when the vege is bitter/i feel is not cleaned properly, no way
52. Favorite cendol place is all the way at Penang :(
53. The best prawn crackers that I've tasted was from Kuala Selangor (tastes fresh and nice!)
54. I think one of my least favorite fruit is papaya
55. I like seaweed snacks (but not those crispy types like tao kae noi)
56. I prefer smooth peanut butter over chunky ones
57. I do not like creamy/caramel desserts in general (eg: cream puffs, caramel pudding, custard)
58. Though I've never tried souffle or creme brulee, i've already labeled them 'creamy/caramel' desserts
59. Not a huge fan of egg tart unless it's a really good one (so if you see me eating one, it's probably good)
60. Parmesan pretzel over any other pretzel!
61. I dislike chewing gum/bubble gum because I've stepped on them 3 times in my life
62. If I have a choice.. I actually like Coke Light over the regular Coke
63. (which reminds me) I actually like the Frozen Coke from McDonald's.. no jokes
64.(current) Favorite curry puffs are from Ikea!
65. I've actually eaten some worm snacks before when I was travelling at Thailand
66. Of all the cuisines, my favorite ones are Japanese
67. My favorite drink from ChaTime is Brown Rice Milk Tea
68. Oh yes, I enjoy eating chicken feet!
69. I generally prefer Kari Ikan over Kari Dhall when enjoying my roti canai :p
70. I love to drink herbal chicken soup (in fact, it's one of my favorite soups C:)
71. Unless it's no good, I will always have at least one Chuka Idako (baby octopus) when I go for Japanese food (maybe Chawanmushi too!)
72. Favorite Cornetto ice cream flavour? CHOCOLATE! (and no, i HATE the mini ones)
73. I am okay with cooked onions but raw onions, STAY AWAY FROM ME
74. When I say I like BBQ/Steamboat, I probably mean I enjoy the process of cooking the food as well
75. I am quite a huge fan for grass jelly drinks :D
76. When it comes to Pomelo (the fruit), I prefer sweet ones
77. Although Klang is famous for their Bak Kut Teh, I definitely prefer the ones around Klang Valley
78. Favorite instant coffee: Chek Hup - White Coffee (I know I can't sleep after drinking them but when I do, this is my favorite)
79. I sometimes freeze my banana only to eat it like it's an ice cream  (frozen grapes are nice too!)
80. Favorite processed cheddar cheese brand: Mother's choice (that's the brand's name) 
81. If I have to choose between bread or doughtnut, it's actually doughnut
82. I love to eat the chilli sauce/condiment that comes together with chicken rice (LOVE)
83. I am not a curry mee person because I'm an assam laksa person (my favorite assam laksa is the one sold at PJ in a lorry truck- omg, God-level of deliciousness)
84. When I eat ice cream, I usually 'bite and chew' rather than 'lick until it's gone'
85. I have a very odd habit when I eat noodles with a fork, you'll have to notice that yourself :p
86. I've only eaten instant poridge once and I promised myself to never ever have them ever again
87. BTW, although not very well, I can cook decently
88. I don't like beet root
89. Someone once told me, 'Red Velvet' is actually beet root and it turned me off all Red Velvet related dessert until a friend of mine who studies pastries recently told me me that Red Velvet is just colouring, it's actually chocolate cake in red. Ahh, I'm gonna start trying Red Velvet stuff from now on
90. I can eat my nasi lemak without the peanuts but I can't do it without the anchovies (unless my mum cooked the sambal, I can eat it with neither peanuts nor anchovies)
91. I hate raw tomatoes (cherry tomatoes included) but if it's cooked, whether in soup or in an omelette, it's fine
92. I like my Ramly burger kosong (bun and patty only)
93. I love corn in cup when they put milk/condensed milk in it (idk what those seller by lrt stations do to it but they ask me everytime if I want 'susu' and it does taste better with it)
94. Keropok Lekor FTW
95. I love eating crab but you know, its quite expensive, i don't have them often
96. My favorite sandwich is tuna sandwich!
97. You know how Hong Kong is famous for their 'wife biscuit', I still remember when I was a kid, my mum packed 'wife biscuit' (from HK) for me for recess 3 days in a row because I said it was delicious but by the third day, I threw the biscuit away in the bin because you have to know, it doesnt only get packed for recess, I eat them at home too. Afraid of 'wife biscuit' since then.
98. I don't eat 'wun zai gou' anymore because I had food poisoning once (not sure if it's caused by it) and everything in my mouth tasted like wun zai gou mixed with bile, never liked them since
99. I would like to try a balut (fertilized duck egg) one day
100. I am actually not a picky-eater, you see all the dislikes listed the above? That's when I get to choose, because when I don't, I'll eat them anyway :D

That's it! 100 F&B related facts about me!

Now you know more about me, dont you?

Till then,
Chi Yan

No comments: