21st. A lot of people say that the 21st birthday is the most important one because you officially turn legal to do very legal things and it is like officiating adulthood. To be honest, no biggie. I still feel lost despite being 21 and for all you know, I'm turning 22 in a few month's time.
People often throw parties for their 21st birthday, and all these years of my life, I've never organized any party of any sort for my birthday but this year, my mother decided to give me some money and said:
"Go, buy your friends dinner and have some fun for your birthday this year"
and so I did. :)
Brought my uni CC gang, (or more like they brought me because I just said I wanted steamboat) to a Steamboat dinner at HoHo Steamboat @C180, Cheras after our 1st FYP General Meeting. I think it was our first time having steamboat dinner as a whole group, and when I say whole group, I meant the 11 of us in our CC gang (Steven included).
It was a pleasant dinner eventhough we were sitting outdoors because we were chit-chatting, worry-free (yea, not like Event Planning 2 this sem) and just enjoying each others' company. We were supposed to have a Round 2 at Karaoke or movie I think but I remembered that everything was fully booked and so we just went home after that.
Yes, a simple dinner with my friends but yes I am happy to have their company :) Oh yes, we went dinner 2 days before (I think) my birthday because wai chee was going for his Cambodia family trip and I wanted a full-group dinner for my birthday. So yea... moving on!
So, on 11 November 2015, I still remembered that we started the day with moral class at 8am in the morning. Everyone acted cool, nobody wished me (among my CC gang) and I thought, oh maybe we've already celebrated earlier but I don't feel awkward because they wished me during dinner anyways.
![]() | |
| Selfie after moral class somemore... Photo credits to Jean |
And after awhile, she wasn't back from her toilet trip and it's making me worried. I went into the toilet just to check if she's okay but I didn't dare to shout her name because there were other girls in the toilet so I went back to the class to continue waiting. 10 minutes in, still not back, didn't call her because I didn't think she would bring her phone into the toilet. Checked again, still no signs.
Then, the class that we were having our meeting was occupied with another class and we had to move. I moved her stuff with me into another classroom and after awhile I realised, HEY! she didn't bring her phone (I thought), how will she know that we have moved? And why isn't she back? Is she ok?
I was worried and started asking around if anyone saw her, some said 'I thought she went to the toilet?', walked towards the toilet, still no signs, saw Pei Woon on the way and asked her if she saw Li Yeen in the toilet and she said no. So, I walked back to the classroom and continued waiting. I think we were waiting to consult our Project Advisor one by one/team by team so it was taking awhile.
Then I walked 1 last time towards the toilet and I saw that all the toilet doors were open and I thought, oh, she's out! So I walked back to the classroom casually and guess what I saw?
My dear friend, Li Yeen, carrying a cake and walking towards somewhere with Lincy standing beside her, looking around and peeking into the classroom we were in earlier (as though to make sure I wasn't around). I wanted to sneak up on her while she was focusing on the right side and when she turned her head to her left and saw me walking towards her. She was shocked.
I yelled: "YOU FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" while pointing at her (Yes, I realised it was a surprise at this point)
I still remember how her eyes widened and her whole body turned, as though trying to hide the cake from my sight. Trust me, it was both funny and cute for the both of us xD
And she started yelling 'why are you here??? why are you outside here??? I thought you were supposed to be in class! you never see anything! aiyo! pretend you never see anything!'
Hahaha. She went to the 'toilet'.
Well, according to what she told me, my dearest CC gang planned this haha. Wan Loo was supposed to bring the cake over while running her errands but couldn't make it back in time so Li Yeen actually got Lincy to fetch her home to grab the cake for me, that's why it took so long and she acted the whole tummy ache problem to cheat me (yes, i didn't suspect because it happens often). Earlier in class, I did remember her staring at her phone while frowning with a worried look. I suspected something because of the way she hid her phone under table suspiciously but she said it was something about her bank stuff and I brushed off my suspicion. (idk why, it seemed logical, or she just played it too cool..)
Apparently, they also a hard time choosing the cake for me because they couldn't decide haha. In the end, I guess the knew/guessed I was a chocolate person and went with a chocolate cake anyway haha. (Good choice btw!)
If I think about it... no... it didn't fail.. the surprise just didn't work the way it was supposed to be. Yes I was surprised and Yes I was happy. Thank you :')
Then I played along and said, okay, I will go back inside the class to pretend that I am surprised ok? And I walked back into the class but the discussion with our advisor was still going on and I guess the 'surprise/blow cake' was delayed a little bit.
![]() | |||
| the cake they got for me.. Happy Birthday to me? ^^ Photo credits to Pei Chi |
And yes, they made me offer cake to my Project Advisor and I blushed -.-
![]() |
| The books behind is not included k, just happened to be my photo background haha |
From the chocolate mousse cake my CC gang bought for me, an oreo cake from nikki, a Tiramisu cake from my senior, Phoebe (and Jor and Agnes?), a home-baked chocolate mousse cake from Yen Ling. (ok I think that was it, hope I didn't missed any)
This year, I received a Sephora eyeliner from Jean-san. Woman-hood gift! This was supposed to be a surprise because she bought it much earlier for me, she wanted to know my favorite colour but our conversation and circumstances forced her to tell me what is it before my birthday. I was supposed to forget what it was but I remembered it until the day I opened it. Ooops but thanks babe :* (you still gotta teach me man!)
Then I got a pack of goodies and snacks from emma (with another Maybelline eyeliner inside). I think there were junk food, coffee, chocolates and mask inside that bag. Lotsa stuff ya know. Thanks Ems!
Yes, Chu Bin gave me a bottle of black smirnoff on my birthday. Don't need to ask, I drank it. *evil look*
![]() |
| Started 11/11/2015 :) |
Of course, can't forget how my guitar sounds so sexy now with a gift from Nikki, Ernie Ball acoustic guitar strings! Guess who changed the strings? Yes! It was none other than yours truly. (yes, I'm proud that I did it myself). Thank you babe :* You have no idea how much I love how it sounds now.
And lastly, this, this is actually one of my favorite gifts this year. A personalized card and hand-written messages from my gang! I still take it out once in a while to read the card sometimes :)
![]() | ||||
| The handmade card from my favorite bunch of people :) I forgot who's photo is this :O Someone took with Pei Chi's phone right? |
![]() |
| my uni bestie, Li Yeen and I ^^ Photo credits to Pei Chi (?) |
Lotsa love,
Chi Yan






No comments:
Post a Comment