And so, Year 2 of Degree begins for me.
I'm done with it for 2 weeks now and honestly, I'm lost. In everything.
Level of difficulty of assignment went up a few notches and the tension and stress is building.
Subjects getting more and more dry + serious.
And lecturer's expectation getting higher and higher.
Well that's normal. Semester break was only for 2 weeks as compared to previous ones which had at least 3 weeks. But I feel like I'm lagging far worse than the previous semesters.
Haven't caught my pace yet.
I blame journalism.
But then again, It's only Week 2 for God's sake.
Lecturers play a part in adding to the tension though.
Some indirectly rushes us to get it done. Some scare us by telling us how difficult it is.
While some just have a expects us to grow some balls and grow the fuck up.
Being in the class with seniors really adds up to the tension because I am the junior then.
And that kinda makes me feel like I'm on the lower end.
Plus, senior's answers always seem more legit and more 'correct'.
Well that sucks. I preferred it better when everyone is equal.
It becomes a burden and a pressure to be such class.
Well, what do I know. It's Year 2.
A lot more to anticipate and a lot more to do.
I'm facing a culture shock in a place I've been in for a year now.
It's so weird but yet the feeling of culture shock is so familiar.
Just like when I first entered degree. Tension to the point I probably had a realllllly mild depression.
Well, I got through that. With supportive friends and lecturers of course.
Couldn't have done it without them.
Will be heading north for a short holiday.
I deserve this break.
Maintaining Studies x Part time just messes my already messed-up life even more.
Till then,
- Chi Yan -
No comments:
Post a Comment