10 January 2017

Thank you Kheng Boon

Hi.

Been some time since I've blogged.

Work has been taxing of late, things been happening..
I went full-on rampage mode twice throughout the weekend..

I hit the table till I get a bruise..
I get upset..
I get unhappy..

Yes, I am thinking about quitting.

Yes, still thinking.
But I take one step at a time day..
Let the days pass day by day..

But you know what?
Something nice happened today and I decided that everytime someone do something nice to me.
I'll write it here..

I wanna remind myself that no matter how many 'cilaka' people are there in this world
There is always someone good out there..
The world is just divided..

So there was something work related that I wasn't very good at..
It had to do with a Payment Requisition Form where I fill it up to process a payment to a 3rd party.
This was supposed to be a simple thing until this time I had to do it for a foreign company (in Singapore) and there was something to do with tax.

The day before, an Indian lady came to me and said things like:
"Aiyo girl, you have to be more careful. what do you mean you try? You must do it."
"Aiyo.. you dont know how to do this ah?"

Triggered me a bit but I stayed calm.
Kept a straight face because problem was, I never knew what went wrong too.

The form requires 3 signature:
1. From me (the person who prepare it)
2. My boss (the person who checks it)
3. My big boss (the person who verified and approve it)

And yep, the form had all 3 signatures.
So, before putting the blame on us for being "careless" just...
C'mon.. everyone has their own forte.. this is yours, not ours..
Come with an open heart to guide and correct
Not here to point fingers and blame..

But then again, who am i to teach you how to behave? 

Anyway, moving on...
Until this morning, I still had some questions and checked with this uncle called Kheng Boon (who was with the Indian lady when she came over, and he left me with his extension so I could call him incase I had more question)
So I gave him a call and asked, he explained it patiently to me and said he needs to clarify something..
Said he will call me back.
About 15 minutes later, he was at my desk, patiently explaining to me what I need to do.

I felt apologetic and said: "I'm sorry for troubling you again" (I really feel bad about it)
and he said..
"Nevermind, it's okay. You are still learning."
with the most genuine smile I've ever seen from a stranger since a long time.

In that moment, it made my heart smile too..
And all I could utter was "Thank you.."

Thank you Kheng Boon, God bless you.
Thank you for understanding that indeed I am still learning..

- Chi Yan -

No comments: