03 October 2016

Active Lifestyle : Initiated

A week ago I felt like shit.

I guess it was a pretty good week and I feel pretty okay again.

Also, I've been walking to KLCC LRT station after work everyday now.
And also started off trial gym session last Friday @ Fitness First, Avenue K

Exactly as title say.. I have initiated a more active lifestyle..
I don't know how long it will last
or how long I will last but before it ends
I want to enjoy and know that I have once tried to be active and healthy haha..

So, on my first day, I joined an on-going Zumba class because the membership consultant was bothering me..
And because I didn't want him bothering me, I went into the room and well, he couldn't bother me then.
Super new to this and I was shy too. Shy to change clothes in changing room.
Shy to take a shower.

Many things I didn't know too.
Didn't know I could shower in gym.
Didn't know there was shampoo for me to use in gym even. 
Didn't know water was free in gym even.
Didn't know I could bring water and my phone into the studio area. (End up being thirsty and disconnected from the world while everyone else was pressing their own phone)

After that I wanted to go home but was yet again, disturbed by the membership consultant.
I felt so pressured to sign up for a membership but the price is indeed a little bit high for me.
Considering I just started off work.

So I told myself, damn, I'm never coming back here again.
Then I lazed around Saturday.

But I got up on Sunday and felt an urge to run.
So, I went back to use my trial pass @ Fitness First, The Gardens Mall
Just thought of trying a different club to get a different feel.
I am surprised that I indeed got a different feel.

FF @ Gardens Mall had a brighter aura and the staff was friendly too.
The staff on duty, just gave me a temporary membership pass.
2 towels (1 small, 1 big) and no questions asked.
Nobody bothered me and I could do whatever I like.
And because of that, I was able to explore and see things for myself..

Since there was no class happening. I just ran 3km and while doing that,
I observed what other people do at the gym.
I still feel shy because I don't know how to operate the machines, I didn't know where to go,
I didn't know what else was there.

So it was a good observation session because I noticed how anyone can just grab a mat and do whatever they want on the empty area.
Be it some personal training session.
Or just some self-exercise session.
And well, I guess I feel less shy..

Me being me.
After i ran 3km, which I stupidly didn't cool down.
I stopped almost immediately and felt my legs JELLY.
I went in the changing room to cool off and went back out..
Grabbed a mat and did my #22pushupchallenge

Greeted the staff on duty on my way out and wished her a 'Happy Awal Muharram' and she was so happy!

So that's day 1...

Now we think about Day 2 (a day after Day 1)
At first I thought I wasn't tired and I could take it.
So, I searched around for timetable and saw this 'Body Combat' class at Gardens Mall
on Monday morning around 11.30am.

I was quiet keen to go until I woke up suddenly at 8am and realised my muscles were sore.
So I decided not to join body combat because I have always heard how intense it is.

But after continued sleeping and woke up at 11.30am eventually.
I felt, heh? my muscles doesn't hurt that much. I could take another session today.

Searched around the schedule and found a 'BodyJam' session @ FF Avenue K.
Ahh... I didn't like that place but I thought okay, this wouldn't be that intense.
Its described as a dance x fitness kind of thing so I decide to give it a go.
If I still have strength I can even join the class after, the 'Dance Fusion'

Got my ass up and went and same story, the consultant came out to met me again.
This time he was a little more rude and cold (Probably because I didn't sign up)
TBH, if I were to choose, I'd sign up at Gardens also not Avenue K la lol..

First, there was a huge cockroach in the changing room on my first day there (hygiene issue)
Secondly, the placement of machines in Gardens gives more privacy.
I can't judge that much since I am a first-timer but based on that 2 facts,
If I were to choose, I think I know which I am more comfortable with..

So... the BodyJam session with Uchop was SUPER CROWDED
His class was FULL and I swear, there could be 40 people in the room at the same time..
So intense.. so happening hahaha.. 
Super intense but at the same time, it was fun!

Compared to Zumba, I think this is more difficult to follow
Considering there are more steps and one songs (remixed I believe) lasts 30 mins!
Unlike Zumba, moves changes and last throughout the song.
Then you get a break between the songs.

So, I like both equally to be honest.
One is easier to follow and fun but one has more steps (thus, also fun) and intense! 
Probably because I didn't feel any sore after the first round of Zumba
So compared to this BodyJam, I really really feel sore after that!
(Also could be additional damage from my 3km run the previous day)

But Yeahhhh... I had fun..

So after the BodyJam, I did my #22pushupchallenge again
and got approached by someone asking me how I was still able to do it.
Glad to share with him the cause I am supporting and..
whether he go and find out more about it or not,
I am happy that I've done my part ^^

I wanted to join Fusion Dance class actually but er..
15minutes in, I know it's not for me and left...
to run another 2km ._.  (didn't think I could last 3km and I was rushing home anyway haha)
This time I'm a little smarter to do my cool down walk before I stopped xD

So yeah, now I'm feeling sore and still having migraine for the 3rd consecutive days
Could be the weather for the past 3 days
Or my dehydration from workout (my body not used to it)
Or ya.. really just my body is not used to such intensity.

I might be feeling 'shattered' tomorrow for work
But I think it has been quite a different kind of weekend for me :)
I don't hope for a great week ahead but I hope it doesn't go bad.. it's good enough :)

My friends have been really quiet lately and I do feel isolated sometimes.
I am glad that I am occupied this weekend and it stops me from thinking too much
Even now, I am busy thinking how I am going to be sore tomorrow
or how I can stretch that muscle to make it feel better..
I'm thinking about what class I can slot into my weekend next week (Free trial still on)
Could my body take it? Quite keen to try a BodyCombat class..
Let myself shatter for once haha..

Oh.. which reminds me.. I somehow got a free trial for a Zumba class near my house
Just 5 mins walking distance. Gonna join them this Saturday and see how it goes!

Good night :)

No comments: