01 October 2011

Music

here's the essay that I did for English (SPM Trials 2011)

I got 40/50 which is the highest score I got so far in Form 4 and Form 5
so.. I am actually pretty happy about it

p/s: Corrections and edits have been done to the essay

Have fun reading! (:

Title: Music (Question 5)

Pop, jazz, country and rock. These are some different genre in music. Music is heard everywhere whether in Malaysia, Europe, Indonesia or even India! Whether it is an English song or a Chinese song, music lives in everyone of us. Without music, this little world of ours is noting different from a scene in “Zombie land” where everyone is either dead or dull and moody.

Music is a language that most of us understand. There is always a song to describe how a person feels, whether happy or sad. Music is a way of expressing ourselves. So, let us say you broke up with your boyfriend and you wish to go back in time to mend things, then a good song for you would be Taylor Swift’s “Back to December”. People do not accept you because you are different? Do not worry, Lady Gaga will support you with her “Born This Way”. See what I mean? Music does speak!

Music does not only speak, it is also a hobby. So, it does not matter if you love to play your guitar or listen to songs because I am very sure that you are not alone. Music is an interest whether you are listening to it or even composing it. Some may say that music is a waste of time but you know what, I disagree! Misusing drugs or getting yourself into a fight is far worse than that.

Other than that, music is also an industry. The music industry is not necessarily only selling CDs or music albums. It is much more diverse than that, a good example would be shops which sells musical instrument or even studios which provide lessons for a price. Sometimes, famous singers even sing a song or two to raise fund for those poor children in Africa. Music is a career too! Look at those singers and musicians! Some even have their own private jet! Music provides some money for those gifted ones. I mean, they can literally ‘sell’ their talent.

Best of all, music adds those little ‘sizzles’ and spices into our daily life. How about singing in the bathroom? So, do you giggle when you hear your mother-in-law singing out of tune while preparing dinner? I guess I do! Sometimes, these little ‘sizzles’ are the things that will make us look forward to life. Come on! Let us dance like mad cows to Jennifer Lopez’s “On the Floor” and create some ‘sizzles’!

Lastly, music is life. As a novice acoustic guitarist, I had learned 8 songs so far and had composed an instrumental song named ‘Eucalyptus’ for my dear friend while working on another on named ‘Xyna’. Music had become part of my life. With music, I hope to spread some love to my dear ones who live far away. Music brings people together whether near or far. Last but not least, I would want to say ‘I love music!’ and while that happens, I will continue spreading the love for music.

Done by,
Chi Yan H

enjoy reading (:

Cheers,
Chi Yan H

No comments: